So Mike and I have been super busy lately. Mike preached this past weekend up at Hope Lutheran Church in Farmington, MN. It is a pretty small mission church but everyone there was so nice and welcoming. We had a great time and as usual, Mike did a wonderful job. Afterwards, we ran a couple of errand since we were up in the cities, and my favorite part was that it snowed on the way home! I love snow and winter so I was really excited. I'm especially excited this year because Mike and I are hoping to make a couple trips to Mount Kato and go downhill skiing this year.
I've been keeping busy with school. I have tons of studying to do since I take my finals this Thursday and this coming Monday. I can't believe I am actually going to be done with school. It's so hard to believe and I'm really ready to be done. After these finals, I'm hoping it will be smooth sailing. I'll still have my synthesis to do which is 120 hours of clinical experience and a bunch of papers and journaling, but from here on out it is pass/fail and no more tests! I'll be starting with my nurse mentor in Same Day Care at ISJ Hospital on Wednesday November 5. Mike and I have been so blessed that I have a close synthesis site and one with great hours so I can still work.
Mike is busy with his school work as usual. He is also working at DQ still and now helping a friend of mine from work finish remodeling his house. Mike doesn't know too much about this stuff but Dustin is willing to teach him and show him the ropes. It's a good experience for Mike to learn how to be a "handy man" and I'm thrilled that he'll be learning how to do more around the house.
Oscar is his crazy kitty self as usual. We took him out a couple of times in the snow on Sunday. Needless to say it was not one of his favorite things to do. He is on a grain free diet now because the vet said he needed to lose a few pounds. Since cutting him off from grains, I've discovered he is a carbaholic...just like me. He is always begging for bites of our bread or rice now.
Mike and I both set goals to eat healthier. So I'm trying all kinds of new healthy recipes and I'll post some good ones on here. We'll try them and pass on whether they are good or not. Maybe I'll even take pictures of them so there can be some eye appeal.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment