Thursday, December 11, 2008

I can't believe it's finally here!

Well, after 5 1/2 years of long hard work I'm finally graduating! Tomorrow I get my nursing pin and on Saturday I graduate. Pinning ceremony is a pretty big deal for nursing majors; however, for me it is not that big of a deal. Up until about a year ago, I didn't really know what it was. Plus, I don't think it signifies that much because getting "pinned" doesn't make you a nurse. Passing your boards makes you a nurse. That being said, I'm really excited about commencement. To me that is what truly signifies my accomplishment. Also, I'm graduating Summa Cum Laude! I'm so happy because I've worked so hard ever since freshman year to graduate with highest honors.

Mike has been pretty busy lately. He's been studying hard for the finals he needs to take early to come to graduation on Saturday. He's got big plans to make another movie over Christmas break. And, he'll be done with DQ in a couple of weeks for about a month while it closes.

We've gotten just about all of our Christmas shopping done. We once again aren't going to be sending out Christmas cards. I really want to start doing this, but we are scrimping and saving this year to pay for my review class and boards and decided to put it off for another year.

Well, that's about all that is new right now.

No comments: